Tuesday, October 14, 2008

1st Timers Pork Chops

Well, my relationship with Pork has been so so,
the few times we got together it was parched disagreement.

Well we have turned a new leaf...
I've combined several recipes to make it Aaaahmazing.

Spicy Pork Chops
(serves 4)

1. Make the rub (mix together in a large zip lock bag)

2 Tbsp Paprika
1 Tbsp Chili Powder
1-2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
2 Tbsp Brown Sugar (I like the darkest)
1 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Dry Mustard
1 Tsp Oregano
1/4 C Kosher Salt

2. Take 4 bone in Pork Chops and drop each one in the bag of spices shake until covered.
This step can be done a few days in advance (I like at least 3 hours for it to marinate)

3. Heat a pan drizzled with canola oil, sear each pork chop until it is golden brown on each side.
Set seared pork on a plate a cover with foil.

4. In the large pan you seared the pork in deglaze the pan with the following items and bring to a boil...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deglazing_(cooking)

4 cloves Garlic chopped
1/2 C White Wine
1 C Chicken Stalk
1 Tsp Chopped Herbs (whatever is fresh and in season)
Rosemary, Thyme, or Oregano, etc
Salt & Pepper

5. Add marinated Pork Chops to pan & cover. Simmer
until pork temp reached 145-150 degrees

6. Serve with Mashed Potatoes or Grilled Veggies, save the sauce for drizzling

side note: careful with with the cayenne and Chili, it gets hot quick.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

3 comments:

MewzMe2 said...

I am now hungry!

Brooke said...

Okay, I'll try it. I, too, have been let down by the chop of pork, but I'm willing to give it another shot.

Jason said...

I like the PChop dipped in apple sauce. Try it and you'll agree :)