Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Sunshine Daggers


I have 3 sisters and 4 brothers... All amazing in their own ways. Today as I woke up, the sun was daggering through the window. (if it were after my a.m. coffee I probably would have said streaming not daggering) It refracted off one of the best gifts I have ever gotten. About 1 year ago my youngest brother Weston came to Portland for a visit. He brought with him one of his latest collections of glass work. Calling it "glass work" doesn't even come close justifying the craftsman's ship or artistry. I am not sure why but looking at his pieces brought me to tears. I can't tell you if I just had an emotional day, if it was the tears of a super proud big sis, or was it the tears of a moved art appreciator. His work is a combo of recycled glass and stone from the earth...it is the type of work your hand wants to reach out to touch...you know the type...So check out his website, and the pic attached of his work. Thanks Weston for the gift.

Art should make you feel something. -e


http://westonlambert.googlepages.com/home

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Okay, normally I might not post a comment on every single post you ever make, but then again I might, if they are always so touching. Sheesh.

I agree with you about Weston's work; it is out of this world. That reminds me that we asked him about buying a piece or two when we were in B'ham last. We need to revisit the topic. I want some sunshine daggers of my own.